Monday, June 13, 2022

Painted Gourds - Robin Seiz

Hello Friends! I am an avid gardener and last year I grew gourds for the first time. They were so fun! They grew up the fence. I let them dry on the vine and then cut them off and let them dry more in the house over the winter. This spring, I cut holes for the birds to make a nest and decided they would be the perfect thing to decorate with ArtFoamies. You may not grow gourds, but I hope this blog helps your imagination go wild. Art Foramies can literally be used on ANY surface you choose!

I started with the gourds in their natural color. I must say that I was hard to paint two of them, as I love the organic look of the natural color, but paint I did. I wanted them to be bright as they will hang in trees in our meadow or in my garden.



After they were painted I realized that the new bug ArtFoamies by KP were the perfect stamp for this project. I applied paint to the ArtFoamie with a brush, but you could use a stamp buddy as well. I used the small moth and complimentary paint colors. I did try other bug ArtFoamies, but found they were too big to stamp well because of the size of the gourds. If the gourds were larger, the butterfly would have definitely worked.


After they were stamped I made some small embellishments; I painted the lines, the dots, and the wrote Bugs on the smaller gourd in green paint. This was a fun and easy project to do. I didn’t do a lot of fussing to get the moths perfect. They are going to be seen from a distance.


They will be sprayed with a clear glaze to protect them from the elements. I hope you enjoyed this simple project and that you get creative with where you stamp your ArtFoamies.


Robin

1 comment: