Monday, June 27, 2022

Beings Journal

 Beings Journal

Hi, it's me, Patti Campbell again. I've been having a lot of fun lately covering journals and photo albums with canvases I painted. I wanted to share with you my Beings Journal. I draw so many of these beings I needed a place to keep them all together. 

I took an old 8 1/2 x 11 blank journal with a boring, brown cover to use for my beings. I decided the cover needed some spunk. 



As I was perusing through my ArtFoamies I came across Elizabeth St. Hilaire's Flora Elements stamp set and thought that they would make good hair for one of my beings. 

So I got out my Golden acrylic paints, brushes, Ranger black Archival Ink, and a sheet of unstretched canvas. I painted the whole sheet turquoise, then began drawing the face. After the face was drawn I decided that along with the flower stamps I also wanted to use a couple of Kae Pea's Mod Moths

I stamped one moth in the hair and one on her neck. Then I made a paper mask for the moth in the hair so I could stamp the flowers around it. I stamped the flowers out on paper and cut them out to make masks to allow the flowers to overlap as I was stamping them. I stamped out a bouquet for her hair.




I then painted in the details, and using a wash of white paint I went over the background behind her to make her pop. 

The elastic on the journal was old and stretched out so I removed it and then glued her to the cover using a scrap of a stamp buddy and PVA glue. 



Then I decided it needed a back cover as well. So I took another sheet of canvas and painted it turquoise to match the front cover. I painted different colored circles and after they dried I samped over them with the Flora Elements and the Mod Moths stamps. Then I glued it to the back cover.



Now my plain, brown, boring journal is a work of art and the perfect place to keep my beings.



Hope you're all having a wonderful summer so far!

Love and laughter,

πŸ’œPattiπŸ’œ

P.S. no I did not get a heart tattoo on my hand, I was covering up a nasty burn so your eyes could be spared.

 

3 comments:

  1. I am amazed at how wonderfully talented you are. I look forward to more bodies of work that seem to take me away in imagination land. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete