Monday, March 7, 2022

Using Master Boards for Inspiration by Robin Seiz

Hi Friends,

We are in March and here in the Northeast it can be a long month. Since I have still been “staying home” I thought it would be a good time to make (and send) some happy mail. Who doesn’t love getting a hand made card in the mail! I’m feeling optimistic that I can say, “Yay! We can get together for a cup of tea soon.”

What better art foamie to use than the tea cup and tea bag by Red Tin Roof. I absolutely love everything they create! I also used KP’s new word stamps! The font she chose is perfect and they are the perfect size for cards.

I participated in Creative Jumpstart at the beginning of the year and one of the lessons was making master boards. I had forgotten just how useful they can be for those moments when my inspiration is waning a little. I made two and they have been sitting on my studio table for weeks just waiting for that right moment. Well, that moment was now! I started with these master boards.


Next, I stamped a mask of the tea cup and then used it as a pattern to cut out 3 tea cups, all in different patterns from the master boards.



I started with a 5 1/4” x 4” piece of watercolor paper since I knew I would be using my Derwent InktTense Blocks. For the first card, I painted the table in a light brown and stamped out a few tea bags using yellow and pink to get a brownish looking tea bag. Once I cut out the tea bags, I auditioned the placement of the cup and tea bag and then used my adhesive gun to secure both in place. Next, I rubbed the InkTense Blocks on the Art Foamie word, breathe, and stamped it down. I used bright blue with some dark gray on the outside of the words to give it some depth. I used a brush on the InkTense Blocks to lay down the blue background.



On the second card, I thought it would be fun to use collage elements. I pulled a few elements from my stash of scraps (I rarely throw anything away).


I chose the blue gelli printed scrap for the background and added some texture with a stencil and texture paste. I used a piece of yellow gelli scrap for the table.


Again, I auditioned the pieces and secured them with adhesive. Next, I used the Derwent InkTense Blocks in dark gray and stamped the xoxo word stamp.


For the final card, I wanted to use collage elements and the sewing machine. I pulled several scraps and auditioned them for color and composition. This time I used the heart shaped stamp in KP’s word grouping and sewed over it. I also sewed on the embellishment, the cup, and tea bag.


These three cards are different, but all work together if I wanted to use them as a set. I’m not a person to make the same thing over and over again; this gave me the cohesiveness I was looking for with a good variety of cards.

I hope this gives you another way to use your Art Foamies and to create dimension on a piece that you create. ArtFoamies are incredibly versatile!

If you don’t already follow me, please check out my instagram and facebook pages and tag me when you create.



SUPPLIES


No comments:

Post a Comment