Monday, August 15, 2022

Spooky Coffin Shelf

 

Hello, Patti Campbell here again. I know it seems a little early for Halloween, but it is big in my house so preparations have already begun. So today I'm going to share with you my spooky coffin shelf. 

To start off I printed out a coffin template that I found online and traced it on to some sturdy cardboard twice. 


I cut out and glued the two pieces together and taped around the edges with masking tape. This made the back of the shelf.


I cut 2 1/2" strips out of the cardboard long enough to fit around the coffin shaped back. Then I taped the edges of these pieces with masking tape to make a smooth edge. 

I glued and taped the strips onto the back to make the sides of the coffin with the seam where they meet on the bottom. I glued and taped the seam. 

I cut smaller cardboard pieces to make the shelves and glued and tapes those in place as well. 

Then I took it outside and spray painted the whole thing black, inside and out. I also spray painted a 5x5 gesso board black to make a base for the coffin to stand on. Then when they dried I glued the coffin to the base. 

I used the Botanical by Julie Balzer ArtFoamie to decorate the outside of the coffin. On black paper I stamped Bonehead by Sandra Evertson, and the poison bottle from Halloweenies set 1 by Red Tin Roof with Moonlight Duos in Moonlight White. I cut them out and used them to decorate the inside of the coffin.

 I stamped Bailador and  Muneca by Jone Hallmark on black paper and cut them out. I put them on the base in front of the coffin. 

I took some moss from the craft store and glued it around the base and in a couple spots on the shelves. Then I added a few Halloween knick knacks and crystals to the shelves to complete it.


I hope you were inspired by my coffin shelf. Happy spooky season! Love and laughter, Patti. 

6 comments: